Monday, September 7, 2009

Harvest Time!!

My Pineapple is ALMOST ready to be 'harvested' (if that is what you call it!!!) :) I am so excited! B can't wait to eat it!!! I hope it is yummy!
For those of you who do not know, a friend of mine gave me a top to a pineapple that was "in" her wedding. She had a Hawaiian themed wedding! She cut the top off, put it in a pot and gave it to me as a gift! They have been married for 4 years this year!! I now have a FRUIT that has come off of my plant! Yay!!!
:)

Here is some progression pictures of my pineapple!!!










ALSO!!! Just wanted to share my Hummingbird that I actually caught SITTING! Can you believe it? and my Garden Spider that has taken up residence at my house! I did name her Rosie! If you know me very well, you know that I dislike SPIDERS VERY MUCH! but for some reason, I do have a soft spot for Garden Spiders. Maybe it is because John always had one come back every year to our back yard growing up and he would feed her bugs and keep her plump as a pumpkin! and I have to say she is in a corner that doesn't really bother me, so I leave her alone and she leaves me alone!

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Sean says that is one impressive Pineapple!! What a great Wedding Favor to give out to Guest, and now 4 yrs later you will be able to enjoy it!! Enjoy!!