Thursday, May 12, 2016

P. Allen Smith!


Dana found, I think, one of the greatest birthday presents for Momma, EVER!  It was an all day tour (5/6/16)  at P. Allen Smith's home, garden and farm!  He is a famous gardener!  It is in Roland, Arkansas.  It is BEAUTIFUL.  There are really no words to express how peaceful and wonderful the place is!!  You have to see it with your own eyes!  It was a beautiful day, not too hot!  We walked about 7,000 steps!  ha!  We had a fresh lunch that was delicious!  The staff was so nice!  Mom told me after we got back, "I have seen this all on TV, but to see it in REAL life was just mind boggling, overwhelming!"  She and Dana and I want to go back in the fall when he does a huge display of pumpkins!  :)  We hope you had a great time Momma!  I had a ball!  The day flew by too fast!  Next time maybe we won't be so overwhelmed!  ha!  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (5/15/16)!!
LOVE YOU!!!
I can't put into words how beautiful this place is! 
 Getting there!!
  Gift shop!!

 P Allen is into Heritage Chicken farming!  Saving all the species from back in the day!  It is amazing!  They said that he LOVES his chickens!!!
 Where Weddings happen!!!



 Outdoor kitchen to the left.....
 View of the Arkansas River!!

 His veggie garden!!
His Bee keeping area!!
 Garden shed!




Rose Garden!









 Swans!
 Chickens!






Those screens in porches are to DIE DIE DIE for!!!


 I love this!  He has holes cut out to see through the bushes!!!











 His painting studio!

 His home was built in 2007 and it is built to look hundreds of years old!! 






 Yep.... this is my favorite place!
 Sleeping porch!  It as amazing what an overwhelming calm came over me while standing there and looking out at the river.... beautiful!!

 Mudroom!



 Kitchen!!



 Another calm came over me here!
 This tree is 300 years old!!!
 I just kept saying to myself, this is his REAL home, he comes here to live when he isn't traveling/promoting!!
 Fire pit!!


 :) They were talking up a storm!!


 Chicken coops!!


 TURKEY!




Like I said, my words are doing it justice!!
AMAZING!
When I left, I said "I want to work for him!"  ha!!

No comments: