Monday, December 17, 2018

Friends!

Pierce and Reid have made good friends with the little boy around the corner named Quade.  He has a little sister named Zoe that they enjoy visiting with too!  The other day, they asked them to come over for an EPIC Nerf Gun war! 
I warned Erin (mom), that Reid would possible ask her "What kind of blender, Vacuum, Coffee Maker, Mixer do you have?"

This was Erin and I's convo for a few minutes:

Erin:  Reid just came downstairs and whispered "I have to ask you a question.  What kind of blender do you have?  and also, what kind of vacuum do you have?" Then I said "do you know Mister Carlos (pictured above with Reid) is an engineer on a submarine?"

Me:  Oh goodness!  He will never leave Mr. Carlos alone now!  Mr. Bob (also an engineer) next door can't be outside without Reid all in his buisness!   That is the sweetest picture! 

Erin:  I think it is the sweetest thing any kid has ever asked me.  And Carlos is on cloud 9 because Reid is so into it and gets it!  Carlos will be recruiting him as a sumbarine officer

Me:   I love it!   When Reid came home to get more bullets he said "Its going well, I might ask her about her blender"   I just kissed him and sent him back!

Erin:  Carlos is seriously impressed.  He said he rarely gets an adult who works in engineering to understand  the concepts like Reid does.  Reid MIGHT be the youngest submarine officer ever!

I just thought it was the sweetest thing....

Then when she was sending them home:  She said "your boys are the sweetest and smartest and kindest!  They are welcome here anytime!"
again - another warming of the heart. 

Of course, they are in the military and will be moving soon, so we will have a sad moment in our lives when they do!

No comments: