These past few week have been extremely hard. Our family lost a woman that was very special to us. I shared many many memories with her. She was a teacher to me, of crochet :), of faith, of hymnals and of spirit. She was a supporter of mine; in everything. I could confide in her with anything. She was someone I loved very much. I miss her so much it hurts. My heart hurts. At the visitation, funeral and in many cards people said "she was such a sweet lady", and she was, that truly describes her to a tea! I have faith and know with all my heart that she is in a MUCH better place than I am; and she is having a heck of a reunion with her mother, father, husband and all her other 9 brothers and sisters! (Yep, she was one of 10!)
As I was home this past week for all the happenings...... I discovered there is a lot I am thankful for. Every day I pray, I thank the Lord for all he has done for me, but I sometimes don't take the time to really think of things individually. I am thankful for family, friends, time spent with those family & friends, church, worshiping, peaceful places, country roads (where you can back up on a whim and no one thinks a thing about it!), flowers, animals (they lower our blood pressure), Fall, knowing there is a Heaven, 6 year olds that tell you "nah, your not old" even when they really probably think you are ancient, cows, the Paris Tennessee Eiffel Tower :), shoes over a power line, laughter at a funeral, cards out of the blue from someone, birthday cakes, cameras (I would die without mine!), pumpkins that come up after you threw out last years pumpkin, late afternoon sunshine, crocheting, sewing (I am going to try my hand at that soon), swimming pools (with out frogs!), Amish & Mennonite people, the smell of fresh cut hay, babies, the ability to make people laugh, turtles, old lamps redone, Tom's pizza and salad bar, love, a good ole cry (which I have done a lot of lately!), health, good people, a smile from someone when least expecting it, happiness................ I could continue you on for days............but instead I'll just show you a few pictures of the things I am thankful for!
Thank you to all who sent flowers, called, sent cards, and thought and prayed for me and my family over the past few weeks! I am thankful for you all!
I love each and every one of you!
1 comment:
Bless you Stacy! What a Beautiful Post!! Finding the Silver Lining in an extremely difficult time! May God Bless you & your family during this time! And, may you always find peace in all the many wonderful joyous creatures & things that bring a smile your way!!
Post a Comment